Dilapidations can be a challenging and complex area of law that many clients understand to be a specialism with which they only wish to engage the most experienced and expert consultants. It is for that reason that many of our clients return to us time and again with repeat instructions based on our previous successful accomplishments in this field. Our Partners maintain up to date case law knowledge combined with core knowledge of the extensive dilapidations statute to enable us to provide our clients with successfully negotiated resolutions whether they be landlords or tenants.
We can advise on procurement and implementation of dilapidations works on behalf of a tenant or landlord and provision of monitoring roles where tenants undertake works to confirm compliance with dilapidations as necessary via our Project Services capability.
We can utilise and manage other consultants including our own Building Services Engineers, external cladding consultants and any others specialists required in preparing or defending dilapidations claims.
Within the context of dilapidations, Schedules of Condition are predominantly utilised to limit the repairing liability of landlords or tenants in leased property or in building works to capture the extent of any defects or disrepair to property prior to any construction undertaken by adjacent owners or occupiers. We pride ourselves in providing extensive and accurate reports that give extensive and robust protection to our appointing client.
- Preparation of both Terminal and Interim Schedules of Dilapidations
- Preparation of Schedules of Condition
- Negotiation of Dilapidations claims on behalf of both tenant and landlord
- Dilapidations assessments to assess potential claim and defences that may be available
- Development of dilapidations strategies on future action and defences
- Specialist advice in relation to break clauses and their implications.
- Expert witness and litigation support